Present at SRS 2020
Saturday, April 18, 2020
- Applying: To present at the fourth annual Student Research Symposium, complete the Presenter Application Form. Application deadline: Friday, February 14, 2020.
- Preparing your application: When completing your application and preparing for your presentation, keep in mind that the Student Research Symposium is a celebration of undergraduate research for an interested non-specialist audience. During your presentation, take care to include definitions of key terms and concepts in order help your audience understand the working parameters of your project.
- Review of applications: In early March, the applications will be reviewed to determine the composition of the student panels. Each panel will have three presenters. The individual presentations will be 10-15 minutes in length with approximately 15 minutes for questions after all three presenters have finished their talks. Visual aids – e.g. PowerPoints or Prezis – are encouraged but not required.
- Symposium schedule: Explore the SRS 2018 Program Guide for a taste of what this year’s event will include.
- Overview of the day’s events:
|8:30 – 9:00 a.m.||Registration and Coffee||Birch Foyer|
|9:00 – 9:20 a.m.||Welcome Ceremony||Birch Lower Cafeteria|
|9:30 – 10:30 a.m.||Concurrent Sessions||Birch & Arbutus classrooms|
|10:45 – 11:45 a.m.||Concurrent Sessions||Birch & Arbutus classrooms|
|11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.||Provost’s Lunch||Birch Lower Cafeteria|
|12:30 – 1:30 p.m.||Concurrent Sessions||Birch & Arbutus classrooms|
|1:45 – 2:45 p.m.||Concurrent Sessions||Birch & Arbutus classrooms|
|3:00 – 3:15 p.m.||
Mitacs Research Award
|3:15 – 4:00 p.m.||Reception||Birch 126|